5/30/2008

Mountain or a Mole Hill

I heard through the grapevine that some readers were a little uncomfortable with seeing me in my undies. So in the belly update picture below, I drew on a shirt so nobody has to see my bra. But you will get to see my photoshop skillz.

Week 19


The belly is even bigger now. I'm at 21 weeks - just over halfway. I had an appointment yesterday, and my doctor while looking at my belly said that my skin looked really nice. I was flattered by this statement. I might have even blushed. I figure she sees a lot of bellies and probably knows what nice belly skin looks like. Also, since I've had all of the other terrible side effects of pregnancy - raging morning sickness, incapacitating exhaustion, now some pretty powerful heartburn - I've been scared of getting hideous and everlasting stretchmarks. So her unexpected compliment made my day.

Last Saturday, Husband and I and longtime blog friend Shower Feelings went to a Birth and Baby Fair. What's a Baby Fair? you ask. Well it is not a convention center filled with babies from around the world in glass cases on display like one might think by the name. Instead it's a convention center filled with tables of organic baby food sellers, prenatal yoga teachers, diaper services, cord blood banks, baby clothes, financial planners, and more. We got a bunch of information, a bunch of free stuff, and this baby bib.



The fair was pretty fun - a bit over the top - but a nice way to spend the afternoon and see a new part of San Francisco.

In other news, I think I have a job. I went to an interview yesterday and on Monday I have to go and observe for a few hours. The lady said it was a formality in my case because I'm "a slam dunk." I'll be working part time with an environmental nonprofit helping in their development department. It's really flexible and I think it will be kind of fun. I'll be working with a bunch of young idealistic environmentalists trying to change the world. Not a bad way to spend four or five months.

Thanks for all the inquiries about the job status. The other interview went well, but ended with an email that said, "We hate you and we think you're stupid." C'est la vie.

But on a happier note, as of Tuesday, our guest room is fully furnished. Nice comfortable queen bed, desk, and leather chair. Now everyone can plan your trips out to see us. I know you've been putting them off until we were ready for you. So, we're ready now and you will have your own room which is nice and bright during the day but the picture below was taken at night. As you can see, Mo likes the carpet, but is not allowed on the bed. Book your dates now. Come and see us!



Coming Soon: As soon as I find the cord for our scanner, I'll scan the ultrasound pictures we got last Friday and post them for you. Just to let you know in advance - our baby is cute. Also Gabe, I'll get a patio picture up for you soon. It is looking good out there with a little herb garden, hanging flowers, and a lemon tree. But there is still room for two chairs and a grill. A perfect place for you to smoke your pipe when you come to see us.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rob And Son said...

You look great, Brian looks great....the house!! So excited about the job- miss you four:)

3:47 PM  
Blogger Rob And Son said...

I have 5 pipes, so there'll be enough for all of us: you, me, Brian, baby, and Meg and Moe can fight over the last one. Can't wait to cloud up your patio. Miss you guys. - G

7:50 AM  
Blogger Johanna and Josh said...

I really wanted Josh and I to be your first visitors so we could come back to NY and gloat. Stupid apartment. Also, Josh and I were not uncomfortable seeing your undie pics. We were hoping to see some of Brian, as well...

12:57 PM  
Blogger thisisntjimmy said...

I think your photoshop skills might be more startling than your underwear...

But what beautiful tummy skin you have!

4:59 PM  
Blogger sooprgrll said...

how exciting!!--about your job, tummy skin and Brian getting a hair and beardcut, lookin' good fella! Miss you guys. Katie, can you fly out here for the birth? Thanks.

5:08 PM  
Blogger fantasy weather league said...

The doctors just say that to get a big tip.

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home