1/22/2007

Dog Tricks

We have had our dog, Mo, for a year and a half. We love her. She's a great dog, and she's very smart. Or at least she is very easy to train. In the first six months we had her, I taught her all kinds of tricks. I bought a trick book and spent time training her almost every day.

Then I stopped. I got busy or lazy or overly proud of my past training accomplishments. But this year, as you might have read below, I have a goal of teaching her at least five new tricks. I wanted to document the tricks she already knows (so you can see how brilliant she is), and list the tricks that I want to teach her this year so that I don't forget to do them.

Here is Mo's repertoire:

SIT

LAY

SIT PRETTY

SHAKE
DANCE
SPIN

ROLL OVER

"BANG! BANG!" (PLAY DEAD)

Mo can also jump over things — a broom handle most often, and she stays very well. She also can "go get" a few specific toys. So as you can tell, she's brilliant.

In 2007, I will teach her at least five new tricks.
Here are some ideas:

1. balance a treat on the end of her nose, then flip it into her mouth
2. go get her leash before walks
3. crawl
4. go get her food dish
5. take something to Brian
6. go upstairs
7. go lay down in a specific place

We've already started the first one. She's doing really well. I'll post a picture once we have it perfected along with pictures of the other tricks as she learns them.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder if I could teach Henry or Roy to fetch my cigar without damaging it?

12:04 PM  
Blogger thisisntjimmy said...

If I could teach bebe to take the wife something, I would never leave the couch again!

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should teach her to pull espresso. Then she can work your shifts! At least until the health department figure out what was going on.

11:27 AM  
Blogger sooprgrll said...

Wow! Mo is awesome!

1:55 PM  
Blogger activated charcoal said...

Mine and yours can both jump a broom handle- does that mean they can get married now?

2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home